Monday, August 23

Confessions of a Dermatologist for Flawless Skin







By Dr. Katie Rodan
I, Katie Rodan, the creator of the best-selling acne system in the world, have acne. It started when I was a teenager and although it has gotten much better in my adult years, it is still something I have to deal with every day.
You might be surprised to hear this, because on most days my skin is clear and blemish-free. But those results are only achieved through a daily, full-face routine to stop the acne process in its tracks.
On those rare instances when I do have a pimple, here’s my emergency pimple fix:
Step 1: I apply an ice pack to the pimple for ten to fifteen minutes to reduce redness and swelling around the breakout.
Step 2: I clean the area with a sulfur-based wash and apply a treatment lotion containing sulfur as well, which can be purchased without a prescription. This keeps my pores freer and cleaner.
Step 3: I follow with benzoyl peroxide to keep the pores clear.
Step 4: Finally, I apply a thin layer of mineral peptides to hide the blemish and help calm the inflammation.
If a pimple resurfaces at a really inopportune time, like before a big event or TV appearance, I’ll even have my medical associate give me a cortisone shot to clear up the pimple in less than 24 hours.
To really keep acne in check, there’s no substitution for a full-face, daily medicated skincare routine. But this emergency pimple fix is great for helping in a pinch!

For more information on unblemish products

For Business opportunity

No comments:

Post a Comment